Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Brazil Bleckpinky To Work

year-end accounts

Like everyone, I too would like to make two accounts summarizing the last year before doing his best wishes to all those brave who, from time to time, I do visit and read what I write.
In a couple of weeks my daughter and I will take a year, increasingly, I wonder about that the world I'm leaving behind. I speak not only of the political crisis, energy industries or the economic-financial, and these are things which, alas, I do not think you can affect that much, as they are tied to projects and decisions that are made above my head. I think instead pollution, what all of us, day after day, we download on our environment and therefore, on balance, on future generations. I know it sounds repetitive speech, and it probably is, in short, I have no ambitions to write new things on the theme or truth and propose solutions, but I just want to bring my experience, because I believe that change can and should begin by our education and our daily behavior.
As a new father, like any new dad, I found myself having to do with my daughter's diapers. As all parents know fairly well in the first year of life a child uses about eight diapers per day, at least in the early months, to five or six years to the life (at least that's what I see with Maja) . We, as I've got to bring companies Thinking about this, we are often entrusted to cloth diapers. For several months now while we used only those, either because the production increases with age, either for the holidays, we often come back to disposables.
On a year of life, I can say I have used cloth diapers on average three or four a day, which roughly corresponds to 50% of the total. Of course this is only a qualitative reasoning, are not so sick myself pinned, day after day, the precise consumption of diapers, but I can still make the idea.
on 365 days in total, then, about 180 were completely covered with cloth diapers: diapers with an average daily consumption of about five or six, this corresponds to roughly a thousand disposable diapers that are not finished environment.
Now, I understand that for those children not familiar with these numbers we may have little meaning, but a thousand diapers in less around the world I think a significant number for a single household, especially if we think of what might emerge if more people were engaged in this practice.
Another direct example is the way that I will return that I use to go to work most days except for hail, heavy rain or snow I'm talking about my bike.
My bike is 2003, and is a Euro 1 against the law for motorcycles, which means it probably pollutes more than a modern car Euro 4 and Euro 5, at least in absolute terms. But what the politicians and people often do not realize is that even the use of an old Yes Piaggio comporta un periodo di permanenza nel traffico cittadino (specialmente nelle ore di punta, che è il momento in cui tutti o quasi andiamo al lavoro o torniamo a casa), decisamente inferiore rispetto ad un'automobile, spesso inchiodata in code infinite. 
Questi sono solo due esempi di quotidianità, ma penso possano rendere l'idea di quanto ognuno di noi potrebbe fare per l'ambiente in cui vive, alla faccia dei soliti cinici, che vivono sulle spalle degli altri e, secondo i quali, nulla potrà mai cambiare.

Saluti a tutti e buon anno

0 comments:

Post a Comment